Re: Level Comment Tool - testing environment searched

From: Neil Mitchell
Subject: Re: Level Comment Tool - testing environment searched
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 19:51:31 +0100

> configuration. I can't run a Apache locally because I need the IIS which
> would collide with Apache). The patch I sent is quite trivial, but for
| Why would you need to run Apache? Shouldn't the script work with IIS as
| well? I can't imagine that it's unable to execute php scripts.

IIS can execute PHP scripts, see
http://s92192454.onlinehome.us./PHP_on_windows_under_IIS.html or
http://uk.php.net/install.iis for details and instructions.

I have done this once, and it took out my entire IIS installation, which
required uninstalling IIS, and reinstalling. It got very hairy. If your IIS
is important to you, I'd make sure you backup as much as you can find before
you start. That said, it may well work fine for you.

Neil