Re: What about an announce-only mailing list?

From: Neil Mitchell
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 00:45:07 +0100

Hi,

I think this is actually a good idea, to announce releases and maybe beta
releases if there ever are any. If the volume of traffic is very low (1 or 2
emails a year), then its not a strain on the inbox, provided you don't get
reminders about subscriptions. I would have thought this was quite handy for
some people - I know I am subscribed to about 5 programs announce lists,
just so I can update to a newer version when one comes out, without having
to check back.

Just my opinion,

Neil