Re: Uploading demos to the level comment tool

From: Björn Fischer
Subject: Re: Uploading demos to the level comment tool
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 09:39:42 +0200

David Philippi wrote:

Am So, den 18.04.2004 schrieb Jarno Elonen um 11:13:

incompatibility. My best guess would be disk access issues - despite the lack of error messages.

Well, I've got access to more information and I guess that I know the
reason:

bash-2.05a$ ls -l
total 148
drwxrwxrwx    2 torangan pingus       4096 Apr  2 14:53
blockers-timpany-tutorial

This would mean that there should not be problems with blockers-timpany-tutorial, right? I'm afraid also there is no possibility to upload demos.

[...many level directory entries...]

I don't know why many of those suddenly have user/group apache but it's
not a good idea for sure.

Bye David

Humm... I would have thought that all of them would have user/group apache since they are being created by the PHP script.

Here's the code that creates the folders, maybe someone finds an error:
-------------------------
if ( !is_dir("comments/$c/$l") &&
  (@mkdir("comments/$c", 0775) || True) &&
  !(@mkdir("comments/$c/$l", 0775)))
-------------------------

this is supposed to create the comments/cath/level directory (and this works I think).

if ( !is_dir("comments/$c/$l/demos") &&
  (@mkdir("comments/$c", 0775) || True) &&
  (@mkdir("comments/$c/$l", 0775) || True) &&
  !(@mkdir("comments/$c/$l/demos", 0775)))

this should create the comments/cath/level/demos directory.

Anyone who can see something wrong here?

Greetings

Björn