Re: Level Comment Tool wishlist

From: Björn Fischer
Subject: Re: Level Comment Tool wishlist
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 11:40:51 +0200

David Philippi wrote:

- removal/update of own comments

I am making up my mind about a simple login system for the LCT right now. I'd like some points being discussed on the list first:

1. The current implementation of the admin login uses the HTTP Basic authentication. Since there is no way (at least I haven't found one) to log out, the user will be logged in until he closes and reopens the browserwindow. Do you think this is ok or do we need a possibility to log out?

2. I would propose using the eMail adress of a user as username becaus it definitely is unique.

3. You will not have to be logged in in order to browse levels and comments. But when writing a comment or uploading a demo you will have to be logged in.

4. Levelauthors will be treated as normal users. Every user will have the possibility to decide wether (s)he wants comments to his own levels mailed to him or not (still has to be coded, but we should already consider it now).

5. Anything more the login system must be able to?

Thanks for comments.

Greetings

Björn