[Pingus-Devel] Request to take over the spanish translation

From: Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña
Subject: [Pingus-Devel] Request to take over the spanish translation
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 22:53:46 +0200

Hi there,

I have just submitted bug 23305 which is a full update to the Spanish
translation of Pingus (and incidentally fixes also bug 23226). This has been
promptly fixed by Ingo. Thanks!

In the bug report I ask if it would be possible for me to take over the
Spanish translation since it does not seem to be maintained. Since my child
is playing this game I would like him to (in the future, since now he is not
able to read :) read proper spanish. Would that be an option?

If so, could I be added to the TRANSLATORS file under data/po/?

FWIW, I'm the lead coordinator of the Spanish translation team at Debian and
I'm the translator in charge of some well known programs (such as dpkg, apt
or Gaim :)

After browsing the -devel archives I've found that many translators send
their updated translations here. Should I send updates to the translation
in the near future here or report them as a bug? or maybe are translators are
given svn access to commit there changes?

Regards

Javier