platform-testers

Re: [platform-testers] Release candidate mpc-1.3.0rc2

From: sisyphus
Subject: Re: [platform-testers] Release candidate mpc-1.3.0rc2
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2022 23:43:42 +1100

On Fri, Dec 2, 2022 at 9:24 PM Andreas Enge <andreas.enge@inria.fr> wrote:
.. The tarball is here to test:
   https://www.multiprecision.org/downloads/mpc-1.3.0rc2.tar.gz

A couple of things I've just noticed:
1) Although there's an mpcr_get_exp() function, I couldn't find an mpcr_get_mant() function.
Not a big deal ...  the omission (?) just struck me as unexpected.

2) The naming of "mpcr_set_ui_2si" caused one eyebrow to raise - because the final 2 args are uint64_t and int64_t, not unsigned long int and signed long int.
On Windows, (unsigned) long int is always 32 bits and (u)int64_t is always 64-bits.

No need to reply to either point - I merely wanted to mention them, just in case.
(I accept that they might well be issues that can be ignored.)

Cheers,
Rob