plex86-devel

[Plex86-devel] [ 101919 ] Set up

From: nobody
Subject: [Plex86-devel] [ 101919 ] Set up
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 13:30:38 -0500

Support Request #101919, was updated on Fri 03/07/03 at 14:55
You can respond by visiting:
http://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?func=detailsupport&support_id=101919&group_id=869

Category: None

By: olray-dragon
Date: Mon 03/10/03 at 12:18
Logged In: NO
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.0.2) Gecko/20030208
Netscape/7.02

Well it looks you basically need help about everything :)
Anyways I'm at Step2 right now.

1)Where I should download plex (CVS, site? Which is the
best? I don't know)

Can you see the little menu item "Files" to the top right of
this page? (Click the link if you read this from your email)

2)Hot to  compile plex, how to compile the kernel
module (I think plex has a kernel module), how
I load it

The usual thing: ./configure and make does the trick if all
needed components are in place and you have a gcc < 3.0
installed.

3)How to write a config file, what it needs, possibly a
sample

I couldn't help but notice a directory conf/ inside. Have
you bothered to check the contents?

4) How to make a hard drive image and how to run plex

Look inside the misc/ directory (README!) To run plex
execute the binary plex86 after compilation, duh!
Hope this information help to get you started.

By: ivanleo