pspp-dev

PSPP utilities

From: John Darrington
Subject: PSPP utilities
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 08:34:57 +0800

As I've got a bit of free time between now and Christmas, I'm coding
PSPP again.

As I see it, after the inclusion of a few of the more common
statistical procedures, PSPP would be ready as a replacement for SPSS,
at least for undergraduate level work.

So I've got a couple of undergrad SPSS tutorials, which I'm working
through and making sure that PSPP could be used for these exercises.
As I get towards the final chapters, I expect that my comprehension of
statistical algorithms will be seriously challenged, so any help from
statistitians out there will be welcome.

In the next few weeks, you can expect to see ONEWAY, EXAMINE and
GRAPH commands to be implemented.  Ben, I might need your help for the
latter, to properly embedd the graphics in the report output stream
--- or I could leave them in their own separate output, which would be
less than ideal, but probably acceptable.

Bug reports are welcome as always.

John

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3