pspp-dev

PSPP Plot

From: John Darrington
Subject: PSPP Plot
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 07:38:11 +0800

On Sat, Oct 23, 2004 at 11:37:58AM -0700, Ben Pfaff wrote:

     > I've done a prototype using libplot
     > ( http://www.gnu.org/software/plotutils ) which has output drivers for
     > postscript, PNG, SVG, X11 and many others.  It doesn't have anything
     > for an ascii output, but I suppose I wouldn't expect anything else
     > anyway.

     I think that will work okay for embedding.  It's willing to
     output Encapsulated PostScript, so it should be possible to embed
     it in our PostScript output.  The other kinds of graph output we
     want go in external files anyway, so it shouldn't be a problem.

     I guess the output interface should add a function that opens an
     appropriate libplot plotter and returns it.  Then the caller can
     do all the plotting it wants and call another function that takes
     the plotter back and finishes with it.

That sounds like a reasonable approach.   It may be necessary to pass
information in addition to the plotter structure.  So we might have to
have a pspp_plot structure which contains a plotter and whatever else
is required.

On the other hand it might not be necessary.  I'll post some demo
code, as soon as I've got the ONEWAY command finished off.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3
See http://wwwkeys.pgp.net or any PGP keyserver for public key.