pspp-dev

RE: installing pspp from cvs failed

From: Marshall DeBerry
Subject: RE: installing pspp from cvs failed
Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 12:57:39 -0400

Jaap-Andre, did you read the README.developer file which indicates you need
to do a make -f Smake first?  Also, you need to make sure you have the
latest version of autoconf, automake, and gettext, as is mentioned in the
NEWS file.  My experience with Mac OS X 10.3, and now 10.4 (Tiger), has
Apple shipping OS X with older versions of these programs, which cause
numerous issues when doing the initial configure setup.  I downloaded,
compiled, and installed autoconf 2.59, gettext 0.14.2, and automake 1.9.3.

Second, you will probably need the gsl and gmp libraries, as they did not
come on my standard Panther edition at the time.  I downloaded, compiled,
and installed gsl-1.5 and gmp-4.1.4.  You will also need the plotutils
package as well.

Hope this is helpful.
  Marshall