pspp-dev

installing pspp from cvs failed

From: Jaap-Andre de Hoop
Subject: installing pspp from cvs failed
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 09:30:17 +0200

I want to install pspp from cvs on linux debian woody (stable):

I downloaded the files from cvs

and start reading INSTALL

step 1: cd to src dir and type ./configure.
        so I did cd src
        ls conf*
                no file found.

So I have to build configure by using autoconf:
this gives 6 errors:
line 7,10,14,26,27,98: possibly undefined macro:
AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE, AC_GNU_SOURCE, AM_CONDITIONAL, AM_GNU_GETTEXT, AMG_GNU_GETTEXT_VERSION, AC_HEADER_STDBOOL

automake, gettext .... hmmm is it installed... No it isn't.

try again: installed (woody stable, uptodate system):
automake version: at first 1.4-p4, but 1.5 didn't work as well
gettext 0.10.40
autoconf: 2.53

but still with autoconf: same error as above

and it is indeed a problem, because if I start ./configure
AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE, command not found
AC_GNU_SOURCE, command not found
<some checks>
./configure: line 2050: syntax error near unexpected token `AM_CONDITONALL(.....

Unfortunately could not past step 1 :-(
main reason: no configure in cvs.
second reason: needs newer versions of programms than in debian stable???

Jaap-Andre