pspp-dev

Re: obsd build include trouble

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: obsd build include trouble
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 07:42:23 +0800

On Sun, Mar 05, 2006 at 03:13:41PM -0800, Ben Pfaff wrote:

     We could write Automake rules to link src/ui/gui into a library,
     then link the library into the GUI, as described in the Automake
     1.9 manual:

              libfoo_a_CFLAGS = -some -other -flags

Right.  This one seems to be the relevant entity.

     But I'd guess that the GTK include path doesn't interfere with
     anything else, so that we could include it in AM_CPPFLAGS and not
     worry about being specific to src/ui/gui.

What if we're compiling with --without-gui and the gtk libraries
aren't installed on the machine? I suppose -I /doesnt/exist wont do
any harm?  And I still don't like the idea of allowing anyone to
carelessly #include <gtk/gtk.h> in (say) src/libpspp/pool.h  Maybe I
can write a script which can check all the #includes in all the files
and make sure they don't violate any dependency rules.

     By the way, should the pspp binary now go in src/ui/terminal, for
     symmetry with the gui?

For consistency I suppose it should.  I'll have to change all the
tests so that  they know where to find it.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3