pspp-dev

Re: obsd build include trouble

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: obsd build include trouble
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 13:26:00 +0800

On Tue, Mar 14, 2006 at 08:59:21PM -0800, Ben Pfaff wrote:
     Jason Stover <address@hidden> writes:

     > This kind of thing fixes the trouble:
     >
     >      -#include "message.h"
     >      +#include <src/libpspp/message.h>
     >
     > but I didn't think everyone else wanted these kinds of #include's, and
     > I don't know if anything should be changed just to make pspp build with
     > BSD make.

     I see that John just checked in that kind of change throughout
     the tree.  Does that fix the problem with openbsd make?

Not entirely.  There are some isolated instances which still need
attention.  But it's a big step in that direction.

For the record, I've arranged the makefiles now so that everything
gets compiled with -I src and -I lib. Thus if you wish to include the
header file src/foo/bar/wiz.h use #include <foo/bar/wiz.h> similarly,
for lib/somelib/somefile.h  use #include <somelib/somefile.h>

However, in a *.c file or a *.h file which has no public interface,
it is acceptable to use #include "file.h" to refer to the file
./file.h in the same directory as the including file.

I've tested with gcc 4.0.2 --- I've been very aware that recent
versions of gcc have changed  behaviour with respect to included
directories.  I've tried therefore to do things in the simplest
possible way so as to avoid any nasty problems. But let me know if any
do arise.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3