pspp-dev

Re: fn_search_path semantics

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: fn_search_path semantics
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 17:13:18 -0800

> 2. I can't see a reason for the PREFIX argument anyway.  Why would we
>    want to prefix the search path components?  All other calls to
>    fn_search_path, pass NULL for this argument.

The goal was that, if we execute "INCLUDE '../something'." and
then ../something contains a line like "INCLUDE 'foo'.", that we
should look for foo in ../, not in .; that is, that file names
should be interpreted relative to the directory containing the
source file.

However, I've been meaning to remove this "feature" for some time
now, because it's not how most software normally works.  If it's
buggy then that's even better reason.

Feel free to fix it, if you have time.
--
Ben Pfaff