pspp-dev

[patch #5567] formatted data input update and regression suite

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: [patch #5567] formatted data input update and regression suite
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 04:20:12 +0000

Follow-up Comment #2, patch #5567 (project pspp):

>There are a number of places where you have +char tmp[6];+ and
>later you are indexing into tmp with some integer expression. I
>wonder if it would be safer to use +struct string+ in these places
>instead?

OK, I've done this now.  I reflexively avoid things like this because they
seem slower, but it is probably not a common enough path to matter (esp. in
parse_Z).

>There are a number of instances of isxdigit, and other instances
>of isdigit/isspace/isalpha. Are you sure that locale/non-locale
>dependent versions are being used where appropriate?

Good point, these should all be c_isxdigit etc.  I fixed them.

>I still think that it may be a good idea (at least eventually) to
>allow locale dependent versions of data input.

Definitely.  I'm just not working on that right now.

>Di Okt 21 18:49:56 CST 2006
>Mi Okt 22 17:59:36 CST 2006

Are month names in German more than one word then?  Multi-word names are
going to be a little more work.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?5567>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/