pspp-dev

Re: Simpler-Proc GUI patch

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: Simpler-Proc GUI patch
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 20:43:40 -0700

> I've checked in this change, with Ben's suggestion.  The GUI now seems
> to be basically functional and it appears to be faster when scrolling
> through very large data files (as we'd expected --- thanks Ben).

OK.  Good to hear.

> There are still some funny things happening when the data sheet in
> certain cases, but it's no worse than before.

Do these appear to be a problem with the representation (the
datasheet code) or something at another level?

> I suggest that the time is now right to start merging this branch back
> into the trunk.  Then perhaps I can look at all the things that are
> wrong with the GtkSheet stuff and fix them.

OK.  I worry a little about missing good opportunities for code
review by merging too quickly.  I am hoping to have more time for
PSPP after this week.
--
"[Modern] war is waged by each ruling group against its own subjects,
 and the object of the war is not to make or prevent conquests of territory,