pspp-dev

start of the merge process

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: start of the merge process
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 23:11:42 -0700

I spent several hours today trying to convert the simpler-proc
branch into a collection of "quilt" patches and I think I mostly
succeeded.  Over the next few days I'm going to continue working
on it, and then I'll feed the patch set to the list or, more
likely, to savannah.  I hope to make it a coherent collection of
changes.

It turned out that the easiest way to get a nicely-formatted set
of patches was to convert the CVS tree into a "git" repository
and then use git-format-patches to export a set of patches for
the difference between main and simpler-proc.  I really wish that
Savannah supported git.  It is easily my favorite version control
system these days.

--
Ben Pfaff
address@hidden