pspp-dev

Re: start of the merge process

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: start of the merge process
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 15:59:07 +0800

On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 11:11:42PM -0700, Ben Pfaff wrote:
     I spent several hours today trying to convert the simpler-proc
     branch into a collection of "quilt" patches and I think I mostly
     succeeded.  Over the next few days I'm going to continue working
     on it, and then I'll feed the patch set to the list or, more
     likely, to savannah.  I hope to make it a coherent collection of
     changes.

     It turned out that the easiest way to get a nicely-formatted set
     of patches was to convert the CVS tree into a "git" repository
     and then use git-format-patches to export a set of patches for
     the difference between main and simpler-proc.  I really wish that
     Savannah supported git.  It is easily my favorite version control
     system these days.

Presumeably you're aware of the -j option to cvs update ?

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3