pspp-dev

Re: Would like to develop statistical subroutines

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Would like to develop statistical subroutines
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 09:15:25 +0800

A list of unimplemented commands can be found here:

 http://www.gnu.org/software/pspp/manual/html_node/Not-Implemented.html

It might be a good idea if someone were to copy these to
http://jstover.motd.org in such a way that people can "vote" for the
procedures that they would most want to see.

My impressions from talking to users, and browsing the users list and
other forums, is that PSPP's most urgently required statistical
procedures are:

 1. Multivariate and repeated measures anova.  I understand Jason is
    working on a generalised linear model procedure, so all the others
    like MANOVA, ANACOVA, etc will be straightforward once the
    groundwork has been done.

 2. Logistic Regression.

 3. Reliability analysis.  I'm working on a cut-down version of
    RELIABILITY ; it'll do cronbach's alpha and a few other things,
    which is what most people use it for so far as I can tell.

 4. Factor Analysis.  Some reading has led me to conclude the most
    tricky bit will be aspects such as varimax rotation.

 5. Non-parametric methods, such as Kolmogorov-Smirnov, Wilcoxon, and
    Mann-Whitney tests.

J'