pspp-dev

Re: info request

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: info request
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2008 11:50:06 -0800

unknown-1 <address@hidden> writes:

>     > What is the difference between the master and the merge build?
>
>     The "merge" build contains all the changes in both "master" and
>     "stable".  The "master" build lacks the bug fixes from "stable".
>
> So "merge"  would be the most up to date for testing of future releases.

"merge" is best for testing future releases of 0.8 or 1.0
(whatever we call the next release).

"stable" is best for testing future releases of 0.6.2.

>       > The reliability command was added not so long ago, but it hasn't yet
>     made
>     [..]
>
>     >I created a  binary from the master version of 2008-11-07, but can't find
>     the
>     > reliability. Did the patch make it into the master version? How can it
>     be
>     > used?
>
>     I'm surprised that you can't find it.  It's in there.  What did
>     you try?
>     --
>
> I compiled it on cygwin and openSUSE but couldn't find it in both versions
> within PSPPIRE. Where should I find it?

Ah, there's the trouble: it's in PSPP but I don't think a dialog
box for it has been added to PSPPIRE yet.  In other words, so far
it's syntax-only.
--
Ben Pfaff
http://benpfaff.org