pspp-dev

Re: Introduction

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: Introduction
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 09:22:41 -0800

Angela Oppenheim <address@hidden> writes:

> I am an aspiring technical writer and was introduced to this
> list through Karl Barry and John Darrington.  I hope to help
> with documentation on the PSPP project.  I am new to volunteer
> projects like this, so feel free to forward any suggestions for
> ways to be productive in my participation.

Hi Angela.  I am glad to hear that you would like to help out
with PSPP documentation.  We can use the help.  Thank you!

Do you think you would prefer to write something completely new
or work to improve or extend documents that we already have?  I
have some suggestions in both categories:

        * We could really use a tutorial.

        * We could use a manual or at least some online help for
          the PSPP GUI (which is called PSPPIRE).

        * The existing manual could use a lot more examples than
          we already have.

        * The manual could use, not proofreading exactly
          (although it could use that), but reading for
          comprehension: does a given section clearly and
          completely describe its topic?  If it doesn't, then you
          could either just file a bug (if you don't know how it
          should be improve) or pass along improved wording.

By the way, have you signed copyright assignment papers for PSPP?
If not, then we should get that process started.
--
Ben Pfaff
http://benpfaff.org