pspp-dev

[patch #6769] more human save confirmation dialog

From: jeff
Subject: [patch #6769] more human save confirmation dialog
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2009 03:52:57 +0000

             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

Here is a rudimentary patch to make the "do you want to quit without saving?"
dialog better and more compliant to the gnome human interface guidelines.

<jmd> Personally, I prefer the "Yes" and "No" stock items.
<nekohayo> why? I can only see downsides such as the conditionned window user
that blindly clicks Yes. Yes/No dialogs are to be avoided like the pest
because of their lack of meaning. The windows ecosystem that basically spams
you dozens of times per day with silly Yes/no dialogs is a side-effect of
that. Heck, even the HIG has a section on this :)
http://library.gnome.org/devel/hig-book/stable/windows-alert.html.en#alert-button-order

<jmd> ok.  Raise a bug about this then.

File Attachments:

Date: sam 07 mar 2009 03:52:54 GMT  Name: save confirmation dialog.patch