pspp-dev

status report

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: status report
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 22:49:55 -0800

It's been a while since I've put anything out for review, so I
want to let everyone know what I'm working on and what's next.

I'm still working on polishing up my changes to "union value".
With these changes, values will be easier to work with, but the
change is pretty drastic.  I'm still working out some bugs in the
GUI introduced by the change.  (Still, this has taken longer than
it should.  That's a combination of heavy deadline pressure at
work and the baby going to sleep later at home.)

After that is reviewed and checked in, output is what I'm still
planning to revamp next.  I might work on the GUI end of the
problem first, by improving PSPPIRE's support for output before
working on the output-generation end of things.  Based on the
questions and bug reports we get, the GUI part of things is what
really causes trouble for people.
--
"Now I have to go wash my mind out with soap."
--Derick Siddoway