pspp-dev

Re: Subscribe PSPP to launchpad.net?

From: john
Subject: Re: Subscribe PSPP to launchpad.net?
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 23:08:29 +0000

Pspp is free software.  So anyone is free to develop it, using whatever
tools and resources they choose.

However, for translators who want to use a public forum, and wish their
contributions to be integrated into the Pspp distribution, I really would
strongly suggest  http://translationproject.org over any other.  The reason
is, that to my knowledge, it is the only forum that tracks the copyright
status of contributions, and has any sort of communication with the FSF
office.  See http://translationproject.org/html/authors.html

This is an important requirement for code/translations contributed to pspp.
By all means use another forum, if it suits you, and you plan to maintain
your own fork.  However, if you want your translation to be included in the
official tarball, I imagine it would be extremely disappointing to have it
excluded, because it included translations from persons who couldn't/wouldn't
assign their copyright.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3