pspp-dev

Re: check out the GUI output

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: check out the GUI output
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 10:04:23 -0700

> 1. It looks good.

Thanks.

At a minimum, I'm going to change the background color to white.

> 2. It crashes if I try the LIST command, but otherwise seems robust.

LIST will need a little extra work, yes.

> 4a. It doesn't address the most common complaint we've had about the
>     output system, viz: the inability to copy it elsewhere.  In fact,
>     This makes the situation a little worse, since before I could use
>     the GtkTextArea's built-in cut-n-paste features ....
>
> 4b. I kept wanting to drag the column boundaries to resize them.

Yes, 4a and maybe 4b need to be fixed.

> 4c. Charts would be cool!

Would you object if I replaced the libplot implementation of
charts by a cairo implementation?  There are a few alternate
routes that we could go, but that's the one that I like best,
off-hand.
--
A bicycle is one of the world's beautiful machines, beautiful machines
are art, and art is civilisation, good living, and balm to the soul.