pspp-dev

Re: Output branch dependencies

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: Output branch dependencies
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 15:00:49 -0700

> Major version numbers of Gtk have always been completely incompatible.

It is, however, possible to make transitions easier.

> However, from what I understand, those members marked in the gtk headers
> with GSEAL will be inaccessible in Gtk+ 3.x
> So when the appropriate, we can try to pre-empt the 2->3 transition by
> #defining GSEAL to "; //" or some such ...

It might be also a good idea to build with -DG_DISABLE_DEPRECATED
-DGDK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED -DGTK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED.  We're not
quite clean on that score now.

> But for now, I think it's best not to require later versions unless there
> is good reason.

I agree.
--
"The sound of peacocks being shredded can't possibly be
 any worse than the sound of peacocks not being shredded."