pspp-dev

Re: Output branch dependencies

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: Output branch dependencies
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 16:56:38 -0700

> On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 03:00:49PM -0700, Ben Pfaff wrote:
>
>      It might be also a good idea to build with -DG_DISABLE_DEPRECATED
>      -DGDK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED -DGTK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED.  We're not
>      quite clean on that score now.
>
> For developers that's a good idea.  But these flags shouldn't be the
> default for users.

Is that because you're concerned that we'd release a PSPP version
that used a GTK+ feature that became deprecated in a later GTK+
release?

That's a reasonable fear, but it means in practice that probably
no one will build with those deprecation flags.  I know that I
will forget to add them.
--
"Unix... is not so much a product
 as it is a painstakingly compiled oral history