pspp-dev

Re: Problem with non-ascii filenames on a non utf-8 locale

From: Michel Boaventura
Subject: Re: Problem with non-ascii filenames on a non utf-8 locale
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 06:38:20 -0300

Hallo John,

The patch should change the variable passed to psppire_window_load to name_utf8, but I forgot it. Sorry.

I guess the most important symptom of this issue is that pspp thinks the .sav file is a syntax, and it only happens on the code I've send on previous email. I've try to make my VM works again, so I can debug it more properly. After that, I will send another email with more info. So far, the main symptoms
of this bug are:

* Only happens on Windows and with files who name have non-ascii chars.
* Only happens throw File -> Open.
* Since pspp opens a syntax windows instead of the file, I think it is
not understanding the file.

Thank you for your answer John. I hope your new home is great :)

Regards,

Michel