pspp-dev

Re: Problem with pspp-master

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Problem with pspp-master
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 14:32:27 +0000

So is there now any need for that DEPENDS_ON_LIBINTL condition in configure.ac ?

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 06:54:13AM -0700, Ben Pfaff wrote:
     Ben Pfaff <address@hidden> writes:

     > Ben Pfaff <address@hidden> writes:
     >
     >> Harry Thijssen <address@hidden> writes:
     >>
     >>> It seems the whole condition in printf.c is obsolete.
     >>>
     >>> The attached patch fixes that.
     >>>
     >>> Michel can you test if this works for you?
     >>
     >> It seems that Bruno's change here fixed Mingw but broke OpenSUSE
     >> and FreeBSD.  I'm following up with Bruno on the Gnulib list.
     >
     > Bruno committed a fix to Gnulib as commit a43e24168 "Fix
     > collision between gnulib's and libintl's printf replacements."  I
     > can confirm that it fixes the problem on OpenBSD 4.6, so probably
     > for OpenSUSE as well.

     I checked that the updated Gnulib worked with PSPP for me and
     pushed out an update to PSPP recommending that it be used.  So
     this problem should be fixed now, as long as you use a new-enough
     Gnulib.

     Let me know if you still see it.

     Thanks,

     Ben.