pspp-dev

Re: Translation of documents

From: Bastián Díaz
Subject: Re: Translation of documents
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 15:35:08 -0700 (PDT)

>Yes.  This (translating the Texinfo source) sounds like the correct

>approach.

Okay, that will make things easier.
By hand, I downloaded and gendocs.sh pspp.texi the web
(http://benpfaff.org/~blp/pspp-master/latest/user-manual/) and I followed the
instructions to generate the manual and test
(https://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Invoking-gendocs_002esh.html).

However, I could not achieve generate the file (needed makeinfo). Use the -
texi2html, and still asks me the file.

>Do you mean that you want to translate the GNU website for PSPP
>(www.gnu.org/software/pspp)?  If so, then I am not sure how to proceed.
>Are there translations for other GNU software websites (other pages in
>www.gnu.org/software/*) that look to you like good models to follow?  If
>you know of a good model, then let's follow that model.

Indeed I would like to translate the PSPP website (www.gnu.org/software/pspp).
On other websites, I meant that some can translate its content into other
languages ​​(like www.gnu.org).

Would have to find a model, but I've noticed that some projects have their own
domains (like gnome)

>Or do you mean that you want to make sure your translated manual is
>posted on the PSPP website?  We can make sure that that happens, once
>you have translated enough of the manual that you think it will be
>useful to readers.  Is it to that stage yet?

Would be great if you could host the manual. Some have translated between 60 or
70% of the manual, although the transfer to texinfo I will take some time.
Also, I have contacted Manuel Quesada (UI translation), who can check my
translation.

--
Bastián Díaz