pspp-dev

Re: PSPPire UI mockup

From: Bastián Díaz
Subject: Re: PSPPire UI mockup
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 23:39:58 -0700 (PDT)

>I am not sure that I understand how the output viewer could reasonably

>be a pane in the data window, because one can open multiple data files
>but there is only a single stream of output.  One could change to having
>multiple streams of output, one for each data file that is open, but
>this would be a bigger conceptual change, to my mind.

I understand. If the change is very big and away from the development
priorities, I think it should not be taken into consideration for now,
because it is only an idea.

I think the general concept presented output viewer, add a toolbar like syntax
editor, is a good idea.

note: I've noticed that only in GNU/Linux, the "Output Viewer" appears suddenly
to create a new case or a new variable from a blank file, taking the foreground.
For example, in Windows the "Output Viewer" only appears when you save the file
or to perform an analysis, and always kept in the background (indicating a
notification if there are changes). I think this behavior is more appropriate.

--
Bastián Díaz