pspp-dev

new functionality in mswindows build

From: Harry Thijssen
Subject: new functionality in mswindows build
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2015 21:12:22 +0100

Hi

For the more advanced users with ICT skils I have added a new part in the MSWindows build of PSPP.

In the directory DebugVersion in sourceforge you can find a file *.Debug which is identical to the 32 bits build except that there is also a console opened in which you can see the output messages for PSPPIRE. To use it, just rename *.Debug to *.exe and install this version the usual way.

Most of the time the produced messages are error messages, however it seems not all error messages are serious and it looks as if you even can ignore some critical errors :-(

With this additional build, it should be possible for more users to:
- Do some bug hunting if they find a strange/wrong behavior.
- A bug report with this error message included gives a lot more info to the developers.
- Everybody can check the sources and may be able to point to a problem spot if they can produce the error message themself.

Let me know what you think about this. Is it usefull?

Have fun