pspp-dev

Re: new .pot file?

From: Harry Thijssen
Subject: Re: new .pot file?
Date: Sat, 20 May 2017 19:02:14 +0200

Hi

The translationproject accepts names like  pspp-0.10.4-pre1  This gives the translators the time to translate before a release so the translation can be included in the release.

I agree that a new release might be useful as the current version is rather old.

Have fun

On Sat, May 20, 2017 at 03:54:19PM +0200, John Darrington wrote:
> On Sat, May 20, 2017 at 09:59:59AM +0200, Harry Thijssen wrote:
>      Hi
>
>      Currently the actual .pot file in master and the .pot file in the
>      translationproject differ significantly. I guess it is not the right time
>      to bring out a new pspp version yet, but it might be a good idea to upload
>      a newer .pot version to the translationproject so the translators can work
>      against the newer .pot file.
>
>      What do you think?
>
> I suppose Ben could advise translationproject to take the pot file from one of
> his nightly builds:  Eg:
>
> https://benpfaff.org/~blp/pspp-master/20170519030501/source/pspp-0.10.4-g59adca.tar.gz

I can't do it that way, because the translationproject is very picky
about the format of version numbers, but we could increment the version
to 0.10.5 or 0.10.4.1, etc.  Or we could actually release 0.10.4,
especially since it's been a long time since the last release.

What do you think?