pspp-dev

Re: What I've been working on

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: What I've been working on
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2020 11:57:34 -0700

On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 11:54 AM John Darrington
<john@darrington.wattle.id.au> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 11:49:14AM -0700, Ben Pfaff wrote:
>
>      The .spo file format is obsolete and historical. I'm working on it for
>      completeness' sake and because I enjoy figuring out file formats.
>
> I don't know if you are aware of "poke" http://www.jemarch.net/poke -
> it is a program which is supposed to be usefull for analysing and
> editing files of arbitrary formats.

I've been following the author's blog via the Planet GNU RSS feed,
but I haven't tried it out yet. It certainly sounds like a useful project
that might in fact make my life easier.

I tend to do my experiments using the "hexdump" utility and lots of
shell scripting and eventually C programs.