pspp-dev

Re: Continuous integration tests also for MacOS and Windows

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Continuous integration tests also for MacOS and Windows
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2020 18:58:07 +0200

On Sun, Aug 02, 2020 at 09:46:39AM -0700, Ben Pfaff wrote:
     "make check" should not mostly fail in cross-compilation environments
     if a way to run the cross-compiled binaries is available. For Windows,
     it should be possible to run the binaries with "wine", by setting
     RUNNER=wine in the invocation of the tests.

     I'm currently playing with the Dockerfile supplied by Michel (thank
     you!). It shows more test failures than I expected from "make check".
     I am investigating.

I looked at this several years ago.  The biggest problem is not tests failing,
but tests not being able to complete, due to missing utilities on the emulator
platform.

In the end I decided it was just too much effort.  So good luck ....!

J'