pspp-users

Re: Evaluating PSPP

From: Jason Stover
Subject: Re: Evaluating PSPP
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 16:15:39 -0400

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 03:02:27PM -0400, Andy Choens wrote:
> 1) The company I work for is (mostly) using SPSS version 11. Is there a
> roadmap that outlines the feature parity goals for upcoming versions of
> PSPP? I have found the list of features/commands that are not yet
> implemented, but I'm looking for information to help me know "when" PSPP
> might be able to meet all of our needs as a company.

There isn't a detailed plan, but we do have a list of priority
projects (GLM, pretty output and graphics are high-priority right
now).  We set the priorities mostly without the input of users,
though. If users wanted a particular feature more than others, we'd
likely give it higher priority. What do you need most out of PSPP?

I'll let Ben and/or John answer the second question.

-Jason