pspp-users

Re: PSPP Article

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: PSPP Article
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 20:24:13 -0700

Andy Choens <address@hidden> writes:

> As I mentioned in a post a few days ago, I am writing an article /
> review of pspp/psppire. Linux.com has officially accepted the
> proposal, and I am now working away on my initial draft. In a week or
> so, when I have something worth reviewing I will send a few of you
> guys who are developers a copy for comments. I want to make sure that
> I get all the facts straight. I would post it here, but the archives
> will go onto the web before the article gets published which would
> technically be a violation of my agreement with linux.com/sourceforge.

Sounds great.

> * Generally speaking, when will the next significant update to PSPP
> come out? This year (2008) early 2009, etc. I'm not interested in
> getting a date, just a rough time frame.

I would really like to get the next version out in 2008.  This
might be largely a bug fix release, or it might contain
significant new features.  It depends on, more than anything
else, how much time the developers have to work on PSPP between
now and then.  Personally, my time has been very limited lately
because I have a new baby at home, but this is likely to ease a
bit as time goes on.

> * Will this update (more likely than not) include the improvements to
> the output system that are mentioned in the wiki?

Hmm.  The later it comes out, the more likely it is to include
significant output subsystem improvements.
--
Ben Pfaff
http://benpfaff.org