pspp-users

installing pspp on my mac

From: Gordon Sarty
Subject: installing pspp on my mac
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 17:12:39 -0600

Hello,

Try as I might I just cannot get pspp (the graphical part) to work on my mac - OS X 10.5.6. The precompiled binaries kind of worked with many warnings then not at all after I installed the libraries the warnings complained about.

So I'm trying to install from your source.

I get to:

configure: WARNING: The following optional prerequisites are not installed.
You may wish to install them to obtain additional functionality:
        libxml2
configure: error: The following required prerequisites are not installed.
You must install them before PSPP can be built:
        libglade 2.0 v2.6.0 or later (or use --without-gui)

Both of these libraries (plus much much more) have been installed by fink. But configure can't find them. I used:

./configure LDFLAGS='-L/sw/lib -Wl,-rpath,/sw/lib' CPPFLAGS='-I/sw/include'

fink installs everything in /sw

Any ideas?

Gordon Sarty