pspp-users

Re: PSPP output files--but another question-- need help on MAC

From: PFG
Subject: Re: PSPP output files--but another question-- need help on MAC
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 16:36:19 -0700 (PDT)

On my XP system, if you use the GUI interfcae (PSPPIRE), then the output is
automatically sent to a .txt file in the directory from which PSPPIRE was
initiated.  The problem with this is that the next time you run the program,
that file gets overwritten.  Here is a fairly easy solution.

1.  Find the psppire.txt file that was last created
2.  Create a shortcut on the desktop directed to that file
3.  Everytime you run (and close) the PSPPIRE program, immediately right
click on that shortcut and click "Open with"
4.  Open with the word processor of your choice.

I haven't yet tested this in Vista, but will this weekend.

I'm also trying to give my students the option to use PSPPIRE on a MAC (more
of them are moving in that direction).  I was able to download the file from
the Cincinnati group, and it works as it does in Windows (as it should--same
basic Unix based program).  Unfortunately, I can't find the .txt file here.
Has anyone used the program on a MAC who could advise me?

Obviously, this will all become moot once the output feature of PSPP is
completed.  My thanks to Ben, John, and others for working on this.

-Peter

When using PSPP with Windows, where does an Output file go to?

Regards

John Shipley

Hull, England