pspp-users

MinGw based PSPP

From: jwshipley
Subject: MinGw based PSPP
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 13:13:26 +0100

I have switched from the Cygwin based Windows version of PSPP to the MinGw based one. The latter produces output in the form of a text file, something the former never did (or, at least, I could never find one). It does not appear to operate in command line mode, though, and, thus, a fair chunk of the functionality of PSPP is not available. Have I got this right or am I missing something? I suppose it would be possible to mimic a command line by typing directly or pasting into a Syntax window but the command line options, such as invoking Postscript style output, could not be used like that.

I 'uninstalled' the Cygwin based PSPP  - or thought I did - from the options in the Program list but the uninstallation appeared to be over in a flash and the Cygwin directory is still there, with all its contents. Is it safe to delete the Cygwin directory to clear the lot out.

John Shipley

Hull, England