pspp-users

[WinXP] - PSPP - Command Line Arguments

From: Ben de Haan
Subject: [WinXP] - PSPP - Command Line Arguments
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 16:46:40 +1000

Hi folks,

I wonder if anyone can help me understand an issue I am having, running pspp, via the command line, on a Windows XP box?

I have installed the 0.7.5 binary available from http://pspp.awardspace.com/ on Windows XP.

I have found that some of the documented command line configuration options are failing to be recognized. For example '--config-dir', '--device' & '--out-file'.

I receive an error message saying: unrecognized option when trying to use these. However others are working. For example '--algorithm'.

I have produced a screenshot of my command line output here: http://interactions.focuspaper.net.au/pspp/pspp-output-file.jpg

In the attempts above I am trying to parse a syntax file which I have made available here: http://interactions.focuspaper.net.au/pspp/syntax-example.syn.txt

The synatx file parses correctly if I omit all command line options.

I thank any users for taking the time to read this and would be greatful if anyone can see what is going on and let me know.

regards
Ben