pspp-users

status of UTF-8 support?

From: Rob Messer
Subject: status of UTF-8 support?
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 09:40:52 -0700

What is the current status of support for including UTF-8 characters in PSPP
output?  My company is using the Perl interface to import survey data into
PSPP, and generally it works very well.  However, we've never been able to use
it when our dataset includes labels and records in languages like Japanese and
Chinese.  I know there have been some recent updates to PSPP, so last week we
upgraded to 0.7.5 and tried that, but it still didn't seem to work for our test
Japanese and Chinese data.  Is it supposed to be supported?  And if not in
0.7.5, perhaps in the latest development snapshot?  Thanks,

Rob