pspp-users

Re: status of UTF-8 support?

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: status of UTF-8 support?
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 19:51:56 -0700

Rob Messer <address@hidden> writes:

> What is the current status of support for including UTF-8 characters
> in PSPP output?  My company is using the Perl interface to import
> survey data into PSPP, and generally it works very well.  However,
> we've never been able to use it when our dataset includes labels and
> records in languages like Japanese and Chinese.  I know there have
> been some recent updates to PSPP, so last week we upgraded to 0.7.5
> and tried that, but it still didn't seem to work for our test Japanese
> and Chinese data.  Is it supposed to be supported?  And if not in
> 0.7.5, perhaps in the latest development snapshot?  Thanks,

John Darrington and I talked about this briefly in IRC this
morning.  We didn't know a reason that UTF-8 shouldn't work.

Could you provide a small example?  Perhaps a brief Perl script
and a small .sav file, along with the actual output that you get
from PSPP and the output that expect.

Thanks,

Ben.
--