pspp-users

Re: PSPP promotion at professional associations

From: Matej Kovacic
Subject: Re: PSPP promotion at professional associations
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 07:39:50 +0200

Hi,

actually I wrote a couple of articles about PSPP on one of the biggest
slovenian IT web portal Slo-Tech.com a year or two ago. A lot of our
readers (mostly students and IT professionals) expressed great interest
in PSPP.

However, at that time I was employed at University of Ljubljana. I sent
information about PSPP to my colleagues. I was quite dissapointed there
was almost no interest for PSPP from their side. They also do not know
any alternatives to SPSS and it seems most of them are not willing to do
use anything except SPSS. they are using it for the whole life and it
seems they do not see any need for achange...

Unfortunately social science community in Slovenia seems to be very
conservative. But I hope new generations are coming.

Regards,

Matej