pspp-users

Re: help--PSPP freezes up in Windows 7

From: Harry Thijssen
Subject: Re: help--PSPP freezes up in Windows 7
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 20:20:05 +0100

Hi Tom

I did a lot of testing today and found a nasty things.

In the pspp.jnl you posted I see:
=================
set workspace=100000000

.1-6: error: SET: Syntax error at `output': expecting end of command.

error: EXECUTE: EXECUTE is allowed only after the active dataset has been defined.
GET FILE="C:\ACS Data\ACS 2010\Mn Person ACS 2010.sav".

What I have seen today is that the quotes you use around "output" driving the parser nuts.  Are these quotes introduced when using the syntax editor on MSWindows? I didn't check this on Linux.
How is the command   "set workspace=10000000"  invoked? In fact it is no longer necessary in the newer MSWindows builds.
Where did you enter " `output': "? If it is in a syntax file. Edit it outside PSPP and take care that you have the right quotes in it.

I wonder if this helps?

Have fun

Message: 1