pspp-users

Re: pspp removed from Debian

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: pspp removed from Debian
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 06:52:59 +0200

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 04:15:19PM -0500, Roberto Roggiero wrote:
     Sorry for the delay answering, but I was away from my main machine.

     I followed the install instructions from the tarball of pspp 0.8.1,
     and after  ./configure  I get:

     /////
     configure: WARNING: The following optional prerequisites are not installed.
     You may wish to install them to obtain additional functionality:
             libxml2
             libreadline (which may itself require libncurses or libtermcap)
     configure: error: The following required prerequisites are not installed.
     You must install them before PSPP can be built:
             cairo 1.5 or later and pango 1.22 or later (or use --without-cairo)
             gthread 2.0 (or use --without-gui)
             gtk+ 2.0 version 2.16 or later (or use --without-gui)
             gtksourceview 2.0 version 2.2 or later (or use --without-gui)
             glib-genmarshal (or use --without-gui)
             libgslcblas
             gsl 2.0 version 1.12 or later
     /////

     However, libxml2, libreadline6, libgthread3, libcairo2, libcairo5c,
     libgtksourceview2, libgtk2, libgtksourceview3, gsl-bin,  are installed
     for what it's worth, but apparently not recognized.

     I am runing Debian Sid current 64 bit, and I have psppire 0.7.9
     installed from Debian respositories.

You need to install their respective "development" packages.  In debian, I think
these all have a -dev suffix in their names.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3