pspp-users

Fwd: ZSAV format support [ZCOMPRESSED subcommand]

From: Hugo Alejandro
Subject: Fwd: ZSAV format support [ZCOMPRESSED subcommand]
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 15:50:26 -0300

My apologies. I made a procedural error when trying to save a file from a production job, rather than run the syntax directly.
ZCOMPRESSED command works perfectly.

Are there plans to integrate it into psppire?, My students would appreciate.

Thank you again.

Hugo

2013/10/23 Ben Pfaff <address@hidden>
On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 02:10:46PM -0300, Hugo Alejandro wrote:
> Has great performance. PSPP has full support, or just reading?, I ask
> because I have not been able to save a file ZSAV with PSPP (at least own
> commands using SPSS).

Saving should work too, with the ZCOMPRESSED option on SAVE and XSAVE.
Is that what you are doing, or do you expect some other way to save to
ZSAV?

> At least in the tests I've done so far in working with large databases, I
> had no problems reading and performance of PSPP is far, far superior to spss
> (on the same computer).

That is good to know.

Thanks,

Ben.