pspp-users

Re: Importing large file to PSPP hangs

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Importing large file to PSPP hangs
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 18:22:32 +0100

PSPP should indeed be capable of handling such a file.  However please note:

1. I don't think that large files with CSV import has been thoroughly tested.
So
   it is possible that there might be problems which nobody has until now
noticed.

2. Obviously, when dealing with such large files it takes time to read, so I
would
   expect the GUI to be unresponsive  until it is finished.  In fact I would
recommend using
   the command line interface instead of the GUI, which is always going to be
faster.
   In any case, I would estimate that for the dimensions you mention at least
120 seconds
   will be needed, perhaps more.

3. Whilst it should work on windows, GNU/Linux is the system which is most
thoroughly
   tested, and for which it has been optimised.

Hope this helps.