pspp-users

Re: New with pspp

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: New with pspp
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 20:05:37 +0200

On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 10:34:16AM -0500, Ellen Bowers wrote:
     I have Windows 10.  I have been able to upload a file of 117 subjects with
     112 Columns from Excel 14 saved in .csv  -- there will be nearly 300
     subjects ultimately.  For the first part of the columns, there are 37
     statements re feelings of the subjects' mother image and father image
     expressed in a 5-point Likert Scale.  I have not attempted any statistics.
     I did not save anything in pspp yet.

     First -- Once I upload and save in pspp, do I have to begin a new Excel
     file?

Excel is a spreadsheet program whereas PSPP is a statistical analysis tool.
The  native file formats are completely different.  Although it is possible
to convert between them, in general you should save your work in PSPP's
native .sav format.

     Can I add the new Subjects to the open file ?

Yes.  There should be no problem doing that.

J'

--
Avoid eavesdropping.  Send strong encryted email.
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3