pspp-users

Re: latest version

From: Harry Thijssen
Subject: Re: latest version
Date: Tue, 2 May 2017 21:51:42 +0200

Hi

At the bottom of the https://sourceforge.net/projects/pspp4windows/ you can read:
===========
Pick the version of the date you want to use. If there is a comment behind the date, it is a special version to test the PSPP4Windows building process. These special versions are not recommended for general use.
The version you mention has as name 2017-04-17-TestBuild This is indeed a testbuild in  this case for testing if the build proces was working. A TestBuild should be fully functional and contains the latest updates, bugfixes and translations, but might also contain thet latest bugs. It is less tested. A version named 2017-04-20-DontUse is certainly not for use anyhow.:-)

If you can live with a chance on a new bug I would say use the latest even if it is a testbuld. If you gone use it in a production environment use the marked version.
If you encounter a bug, report it and if necessary go back to an older version.

Btw the 2017-05-02  version contains an updated French translation.

Have fun